No better way to wish everyone a very merry Christmas!!
Artist: Carlos Lascano
Is your dream different from this one?
A group of alumni, highly established in their careers, got together to visit their old university lecturer. Conversation soon turned into complaints about stress in work and life.
Offering his guests coffee, the lecturer went to the kitchen and returned with a large pot of coffee and an assortment of cups: porcelain, plastic, glass, some plain-looking and some expensive and exquisite, telling them to help themselves to hot coffee.
When all the students had a cup of coffee in hand, the lecturer said: “If you noticed, all the nice-looking, expensive cups were taken up, leaving behind the plain and cheap ones. While it is normal for you to want only the best for yourselves, that is the source of your problems and stress. What all of you really wanted was coffee, not the cup, but you consciously went for the better cups and are eyeing each other’s cups.”
“Now, if Life is coffee, then the jobs, money and position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold and contain Life, but the quality of Life doesn’t change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it.”
So please, don’t let the cups drive you…enjoy the coffee instead.
Being happy does not mean everything is perfect. It means you have decided to see beyond the imperfection.
- 10% of Software Professionals are predicted to be affected by major diseases like Carpal tunnel syndrome, heart diseases etc
- 20% of Software Professionals marry their co-workers
- 30% of Software Professionals are interested in Live in relationship because they tend to hate the responsibility both in office and house
- 40% of Software Professionals are confused about settling down (India or abroad)
- 50% of Software Professionals has No savings in their Bank Account
- 60% of Software Professionals are not satisfied with their current wages
- 70% of Software Professionals work more than 8 hours across globe
- 80% of Software Professionals live away from their Parents
- 90% of Software Professionals are NOT HAPPY about their Life, meeting deadlines, client satisfaction, incentives, promotions, increment, onsite trips, wife, children, visa status, and commitments
- 100% of Software professionals wish they had a choice other than computers in their life at least once in their lifetime
Being in makes you go through so many different emotions and feeling strong is certainly one of them. But, by being in love you allow yourself to become vulnerable to any type of potential damage whcih can be either directed to your ego or toward your spirits.
The very first feeling that attaches itself to (right after realizing that very “moment”) your every act is, perhaps, how mesmerized you are by this human being and how you really yearn to be closer to him/her. And somehow, reason tends to disappear when s/he is around. You are a bit more likely to make hazardous decisions just to be a bit more closer.
However, love does not make everyone weak in the knees, I think love makes the weak, weak-er and makes the strong, strong-er. That includes the unrequited lover the one who is not able to, or who does not allow him/her self to confess. That also includes the lovers who are able to express their love openly, they tend to bring more strength into each other’s lives just by showing how much they care and how much they are willing to undergo in life to keep their love alive…
Sometimes keeping things alive requires more strength then one is willing to give and that is when it gets dark, unjust and unsafe… Love, at times, may feel as though we are getting weaker by the minute; yet it is not love that makes you weak, rather it is the fear of losing it.
My personal opinion is that fear and weakness need not be a part of, what we call and carry in our hearts, “love”. The net load of love should feed our desire to become stronger and it should help us realize that we are lucky to have discovered such euphoria; therefore, let it circulate in our system and have it be an inspiration, have it be vast, have it diverge to infinity if you can afford to do so.